- What is the SPO Redesign Project and what is its main goal?
The purpose of the SPO Redesign Project is to reorganize the contracts and grants administration environment by restructuring units and personnel according to function and to identify, document, and memorialize processes and procedures in grants administration for both current and future personnel. The main goal of the Redesign Project is to maximize efficiency and accuracy of the contracts and grants processes in order to deliver exemplary customer service to our campus community and principal investigators. Ultimately, effectively supporting the research mission of the University.
- When will the project be complete?
The project is scheduled to be complete in Fall 2020.
- How will this project affect my day to day work?
The SPO Redesign Project may not impact all campus personnel or their day to day work. For campus personnel whose responsibilities include interactions with contracts and grants administration and its related systems, the method of daily activities performed may change with the goal of increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Will there be training or documentation provided? If so, where can I find it?
Yes, instructor led training and documentation will be provided. All instruction materials and related documentation will be stored in a shared training repository to be identified at the point of training delivery.
- Is this project related to any other projects on campus such as Alpha Financials?
Because of the inherent interactions and interdependencies between contract and grants administration and financial accounting transactions, the SPO Redesign team and the Alpha Financials team are working together to ensure smooth transitions and processes are implemented between the two projects.
- What unit or team is leading this project on campus?
The Office of Research and Economic Development is leading the SPO Redesign Project. A listing of team members can be found on the Sponsored Projects Redesign webpage under SP Redesign Initiative Team.
- Who do I speak to or where do I go if I have questions or concerns about this project?