The Proposals Group
The role of the Proposals group in SPO is to review proposals for compliance with sponsor guidelines and university policy then submit finalized proposals on behalf of researchers at the university. Proposal staff review proposals for accuracy, interpret regulations and proposal guidelines, provide training where necessary, and act as a liaison with sponsor officials during proposal preparation and submission.
The role of the Department Research Administrator (DRA) is to serve as a resource for researchers in the application process and in compiling required documents (budget, budget justification, scope of work, etc). Once the record is complete, the DRA or PI (Principal Investigator) can route the proposal record in Cayuse SP for review.
Overview of Proposal Cycle
- Proposal Completeness Check
- Full Review
- Proposal routed to SPO within 4 business days of the deadline (excluding holidays and weekends)
- Complete Cayuse Cayuse SP record
- Internal Budget
- Budget Justification
- Statement of Work or Project Summary
- Other Sponsore Requirements
- Proposal guidelines/URL
- Appropriate financial disclosure form
- Sponsor budget